Happy St. Baldrick’s Day!

Hello Everyone.

I’m sure you’ve all heard by now about the St. Baldrick’s event going on tonight in the student center.  But just incase you don’t know all the details, I’m here to clarify.

St. Baldrick’s is a non-profit organization founded in 1999 to help raise funds for childhood cancer.  During each event, volunteers get on stage and shave their heads to show children that “Bald is Beautiful.”  Every shavee and volunteer working with the foundation is tasked with collecting donations that go towards childhood cancer research.   The St. Baldrick’s foundation is currently one of the leading organizations who help fund cancer research.  82% of all money collected goes directly towards research grants.  the other 18% is only used for advertising and keeping the organization alive.  Many other organizations pocket roughly 35% of all funds.  St. Baldricks, is nothing like that.

http://www.stbaldricks.org/financials

The original event raised over $100,000. After a few years of being a small event in Manhattan, the organization expanded and spread throughout the country in 2005. From then on, the organization has currently raised over $100 million in research grant funding.  $30 million alone was collected in 2012.

Tonight, Rowan is sponsoring their own St. Baldrick’s event tonight at 7:00pm in the student center pit! Currently, we have raised roughly $16,000 for the event.  Our goal is $20,000.

If at all possible tonight, any and all support you guys can bring to the event would be wonderful.  Donations tonight will be taken in the form of BoroBucks if you don’t have the cash but still want to donate.  There will be many different raffles throughout the night as well. If you are interested in the raffle, you could win one of many different prizes, such as…

  • A Candy Tower
  • Guitar signed by various artists who have visited Rowan
  • Signed Cobra Starship Picture
  • A Stool Signed by Joel McHale

Incase you didn’t know, I will be shaving my head tonight too!  There is a good chance of you seeing me cry tonight, as I am afraid of what my head looks like without hair.  If you would like to see me cry, my head shaving is scheduled for 7:45pm. please come to the event and donate!

If you can’t attend, but still want to donate, you still can online!

If you want to donate directly to my fund follow this link:

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/596504

If you don’t like me for some reason and don’t want to donate to me, but still want to donate, use this link:

http://www.stbaldricks.org/events/mypage/5666/2013

Just to prepare you all for whats to come, I have made a few mock ups of what I may look like with a shaved head.  So for entertainment purposes, please enjoy these photos.Shaved

(pictured as Walter White, Mr. Clean & Seal)

I hope to see you all tonight!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Share It. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Happy St. Baldrick’s Day!

  1. davidbdale says:

    Get on board, classmates! I’ve made my donation. Click the link above. Takes about two minutes.

    Love the eyebrows on Mr. Clean, Joe. 🙂

  2. davidbdale says:

    Joe, please feel free to post an updated photo of the actual outcome!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s