I chose the texting and driving ad, which emphasizes of how important it is not to drive and text.
- The video starts with a girl driving in her car, on her way to meet her friends (says a voice-over)
- The voice-over says “You don’t want your friends to be annoyed, so you text,” as she looks down at her phone and sees that she has one new message.
- She does not hesitate to pick up her phone and read the message. The message says “Hurry where are you?”
- Then, she types a message saying that she is on her way.
- Not once since she’s picked up her phone had she been paying attention to driving.
- As she puts her finger on send (unclear if she ever got to actually send her message or not) another vehicle hits her on the driver’s side.
- After that brutal scene, they replay it, this time in slow motion with a countdown and the voice over saying that 5 seconds is the average time that your eyes are off the road while texting and driving, showing that 5 seconds cost her her life.
- Concluding the ad, a message reads “Stop the texts. Stop the wrecks.”